Converting your old photos into a digital format doesn’t have to be a costly and time-consuming endeavor. At TIS, we pride ourselves in being able to provide a professional, efficient and cost-effective service to help you preserve your precious memories.
Centrally located in Vancouver, Washington near I-5, SR-500, Clark College, Hazel Dell, Salmon Creek and downtown.
Or, send us your loose photos, and we’ll get them scanned into a digital format at 300 dpi, and send them back as they came, including a DVD loaded with your newly scanned images – within 30 days.
Photos must be at least 3″x3″ and no larger than 8”x10″.
Newspaper clippings, oddly shaped photographs and laminated images cannot be scanned. Photos must be square or rectangular in shape.
Photographs cannot be thicker than a modern Polaroid picture and represent the thickest photograph we can accept for scanning. Many older (1960’s era) Polaroid’s were mounted on cardboard. These are too thick to be scanned.
No copyrighted photos may be submitted for legal reasons, unless you provide a copyright release from the photographer, or a disclaimer that the scans and reproductions will not be resold.
Any photo that does not meet these requirements will not be scanned and will be returned to you unscanned. We do offer custom pricing for photos outside of the listed criteria. If you are interested in custom pricing please call or email.
- We will store your digital images on our secure servers for an additional 90 days from delivery to ensure that a backup copy is available if needed.
$0.22 per photo scan + return shipping cost
Preparing your loose photos for scanning:
- Remove all photos from albums, envelopes, etc. Make sure no staples, paper clips, Post-It notes, etc. are attached and there’s no sticky substance on the photos, which can cause them to stick to other photos.
- Fan through all your photos. This helps confirm that the photos are loosely presented and without any impediment, such as glue or sticky substances. This also helps to identify if your photos are dusty and to help remove any materials that might cause an imperfect scan.
- Any blemish (i.e. water marks, pen marks, etc.) that is on the photograph will be scanned on the photograph.
- The back side of the photos will not be scanned.
- Photos cannot be glued or taped to anything else, as this may cause them to jam in the scanner due to excessive thickness.
- If you have more than one bundle/series to be scanned, we recommend that you include index cards, either standard 3.5″x5″ or 4″x6″ size, with handwritten notes describing the category or year. The information will be used to name the digital files/folders. DO NOT use Post-it notes or scraps of paper to title your bundles. All photos sent to be scanned must be in bundles of no less than 50 prints per bundle.
- Make sure photos within a bundle are right side up and facing the same direction.
Call Direct 360-567-1260